Sustainable Wine Tours has introduced new safety standards that are designed to help protect both guests and tour hosts.
We are always adapting and proceeding with caution and safety as a priority. Using US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, we implemented safety measures and procedures specifically geared toward our tours. We will all have a role to play to help each other stay healthy during our tours in Santa Barbara Wine Country. It’s important to us that you know what to expect when you book a tour.
Before every trip, we request our guests agree to the following:
- Wear a face cover while in the vehicle. New (packaged) face coverings will be provided complimentary for all our guests, if needed.
- Do not exhibit any flu-like health symptoms upon pick up.
- Have not recently been in contact with anyone that is currently ill.
- Agree to sit in the back seat.
- Agree to washing or sanitizing their hands frequently throughout the day. Guests will be offered hand sanitizer prior to entering the vehicle and prior to exiting the vehicle.
Every tour host will:
- Keep their hands sanitized as frequently as possible and not to shake hands with guests as a safety precaution.
- Offer hand sanitizer to tour guests to sanitize their hands each time they enter and exit the vehicle.
- Ensure cleanliness and strict sanitation in preparing the vehicle for the tour (see Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfection of Tour Vehicles).
- Wear a mask or face covering in the vehicle at all times.
- Frequently clean touched objects and surfaces such as handles, seatbelts, buckles, air vents, buttons, armrests, and hard surfaces during each tour.
Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfection of Tour Vehicles
We take pride in the cleanliness and safety of our vehicles and want to ensure customer confidence. The following are guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting Sustainable Wine Tour vehicles adapted from Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention Interim Recommendations for U.S. Non-emergency Transport Vehicles.
Tour vehicles are thoroughly cleaned before and after each tour as well periodically throughout the tour day. This will include:
- Cleaning and disinfection of commonly touched surfaces inside and outside the vehicle – hard non-porous surfaces within the interior of the vehicle such as hard seats, arm rests, door handles, seat belt buckles, light and air controls, doors and windows, and interior and exterior grab handles using either Sani-Cloth (Germicidal Disposable Wipes) or Lysol Brand Disinfecting Wipes.
- Porous surfaces such as leather seats and seat belts will be cleaned with UVC LED STERILIZATION wand. This is an ozone free device which produces UV lights at a wavelength between 260-280nm. DNA/RNA of germs and bacterial can be destroyed effectively at this wavelength.
We will ensure that cleaning and disinfection procedures are followed consistently and correctly, including the provision of adequate ventilation when chemicals are in use. Doors and windows should remain open when cleaning the vehicle. When cleaning and disinfecting, individuals should wear disposable gloves compatible with the products being used. Gloves used for cleaning and disinfecting the vehicle should be removed and disposed of after cleaning; wash hands immediately after removal of gloves with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.